Facts It is the tallest pyramids of all
Facts about the Great Pyramids of Giza As the name says the ‘Great’ Pyramids of Giza these pyramids were always of great importance to the Egyptian civilization. We have some amazing facts about these pyramids – • the great pyramid is one of the three pyramids made in Giza and probably the most famous one.• The original height of the pyramid was 146.5 meters, and the present height is 138.8 meters.
• It is the tallest pyramids of all the threes pyramid in the complex. it was built for Pharaoh Khufu of 4th Dynasty Egypt, so it is also known as Khufu’s Pyramid. It is believed that this structure could be seen from as far as mountains of Israel and as high as the moon.
• the weight of pyramid is estimated to be 5.9 million tons and about 2.3 million stone blocks were used in the construction of the pyramid.• The complete construction took 23 years with 20000-30000 skilled and unskilled laborers.
• The total area covered by pyramid is about 22 acres. • The Khufu’s pyramid is probably the only pyramid in the world that have slightly concave faces. • Due to indentation of laser precision the four sides of pyramid is divided in halves that means there are eight sides. And this wonderful scenario cannot be seen through found, you can view it from aerial view with perfect weather.• The internal temperature of the pyramid is always a constant of 68 degrees Fahrenheit which is the Earth’s average temperature.
• Khufu’s pyramid is the last pyramid with a swivel door. swivel door could easily be opened from the inside but was undetectable from the outside.• The three pyramids of Giza are precisely aligned in accordance with the constellation of Orion (Constellation of Orion), which could well be the idea of the builders, since the stars of Orion were associated with Osiris, the god of regeneration and the afterlife in ancient Egyptian mythology.• The pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure of the time and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. And it is built on the geographical center of the Earth on specific lines of longitude and latitude.• Frederic Norden, a Danish explorer described a fourth main pyramid in his book – Travels in Egypt and Nubia in 1755 AD, which was supposedly darker than the other pyramids and mysteriously disappeared.
• Through radar and sonar photography, secret passages and chambers were discovered; these are believed to reveal secrets of the ancient Egyptian civilization and thus are heavily guarded by the Egyptian government.• Interestingly there was no mention of the great pyramids in ancient manuscripts and hieroglyphs for about 3000 years of its existence. This period is still left to be deciphered.